Conference 2022 Hopin Troubleshooting Tips
Troubleshooting common fixes:
- Make sure that you are joining the conference on a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser on a desktop computer or laptop. Unfortunately, Hopin is not fully compatible with any other browsers or devices (mobiles/tablets).
- Refresh your browser page.
- Close any other tabs or applications that may be using your camera/audio or eating into your internet bandwidth.
- Close the browser completely and restart.
- Check your browser permissions: Click on the padlock icon next to the URL field and make sure Camera and Microphone are set to Allow for app.hopin.com web page.
- Update your browser to the latest version. You can download the latest version of Chrome here.
- Try joining the event in incognito mode.
I can’t see the event
- Make sure you are logged in to your Hopin account. Visit https://hopin.to/ then click Login and enter your credentials. Once there, click My Account, then look toward the bottom of the page for the link to the event.
I can’t see the event chat
- Make sure you are logged in to your Hopin account, AND
- Make sure you are in Reception and not just on the Ticket page.
- The URL will have the word “reception” at the end of it.
The page isn’t loading
- Please check your internet connection. Hopin requires a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. For the best quality, 30mbps download and 10mbps upload or higher is needed.
I can’t add to/change my profile
- Refresh your browser. Then access your profile by clicking your initials on the top right corner and then clicking “Profile” in the drop down menu.
- Make sure the photo you are trying to upload is not too big. Try to keep it around 1MB or less.
Something stopped working (or never worked)
- First, try refreshing the page. Most browsers have a circular arrow in the top left or right, next to the URL. Click it and see if that works.
I’m having video or audio problems
- When you enter a session, you may see a red pop-up in the top right corner (it flashes up quite quickly!), you’ll need to accept this to be able to hear and see everyone.
- Ensure your browser’s permissions are granted to have access to your camera and microphone (in Chrome, type into the URL bar: chrome://settings/content; in Firefox, type about:preferences#privacy)
- If you hear yourself echoing, you probably have multiple Hopin windows open. You need to close all of them except one. You also need to make sure you only have ONE device logged into the event. Sound is controlled by user account, not by device.
I can’t share my audio and video
- Where are you? If you are in Stage, you cannot share. If you are in a Moderated session, only the moderator can control who gets to share.
Can I have more than 1 tab open?
- For the best attendee experience, we recommend that you close all other tabs whilst accessing the event – especially do not stream other media
The screen is too small
- You can make any video/audio sharing session larger by double-clicking it.
- Consider minimising the right-hand chat using the arrow next to it.
I have an issue that is not mentioned above
- Hopin has extensive troubleshooting tips here.
I have tried all of the above and I’m still having problems
- Direct message the UKSFN Team. You can send us a Direct Message by searching for and then clicking on ‘UKSFN Team’ in the ‘People’ tab on the right-hand side. (Make sure you have first clicked on the ‘Event’ tab and then ‘People’ tab underneath it, so you are not searching in just the list of people attending a specific session).
- If you are struggling to join the platform, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a member of our team will answer you shortly.
Click here to view this page as a PDF.