Join the Network
Benefits of membership
Participate in a professional community dedicated to uniting, celebrating and improving the diverse science festival landscape in the UK, including:
- Regular meetings to share learning, resources and contacts.
- Access to funded projects developed and secured by the Network.
- Opportunities to share and jointly commission creative content.
- Evaluation support and participation in developing a shared approach.
- Advocacy for the science festival sector through conversations with influential organisations, funding bodies and decision makers.
- Support to grow and diversify festival events and audiences.
- Opportunities for partnership and collaboration.
What membership involves
Membership to the UK Science Festivals Network provides a way for diverse festivals to unite as a professional community, which all members can benefit from and participate in.
- Members are invited to attend regular meetings across the country to build relationships, share best practice and participate in a national conversation about shaping the future of science festivals in the UK.
- Each year the Network agrees on a measure to improve and standardise our approach to evaluation. To become and remain a member, festivals must agree to collect and annually share this data with the Network and other members.
- Membership to the UK Science Festivals Network is free and open to all organisers of a festival or event with science content.
- All members remain independently organised science festivals and can terminate their membership at any time.